Are you still resisting using social media as a marketing, sales or service channel for your business?
Unfortunately, there are still a lot of businesses that haven’t explored using social media to reach new and existing customers. And, most of the businesses that are using social media seem to prefer Facebook and Twitter without even considering other options.
Yes, both Facebook and Twitter have large audiences; and both offer great methods for communicating with your target market. However, Instagram is a great option for reaching potential and existing customers, too.
Here’s some information about using Instagram for marketing.
Instagram’s popularity has soared ahead of Twitter and many other social platforms. Second to Facebook in popularity, Instagram recently excelled in a brand engagement study by Forrester. According to the study, brand engagement was about 58 times greater on IG than Facebook. That’s a lot of interaction which means a lot of opportunities for businesses. There are about 300 million people who use Instagram everyday with almost 100 million photos being posted each day. Not good at math? That’s about 215,000 per minute, according to the Forrester study. Of course, these numbers include international users, but 77-million of those users are in the United States.
Perhaps the most compelling argument to put a company’s brand in front of Instagram audiences is that IG’s feed is unfiltered. Therefore, everyone who looks at a hashtag conversation will see all posts with that hashtag. You may or may not be aware that Facebook uses algorithms that greatly limit the exposure of page posts – meaning that only a small potion of your page’s followers ever even see your content. On Instagram, your content has the potential to get in front of a lot more people.
So, what do all these numbers mean and how can your business leverage the IG platform?
The numbers prove that Instagram is being used by a huge amount of people so there are good odds that some of your potential and existing customers are IG users. These numbers also reveal that brand engagement is actually more likely on IG than any other social platform. How do you make these numbers work for your business? The best way for your business to use Instagram is to simply start by creating an account.
- Familiarize yourself with the platform first.
- Next, research your competition or businesses in similar industries to get some ideas about how your business can effectively utilize the platform.
- Finally, make a plan for how you’re going to use your new IG account.
- What goals do you have for the account? Do you want to sell products? Perhaps you want to educate potential and existing customers about your services? Maybe you’d like to develop a personality for your brand? Or, maybe a mixture of all these approaches? Define your objectives.
- How many times per day or week are you going to post?
- Who will be responsible for creating the content and what content fits into your objectives?
- Is paid advertising on Instagram a good method for achieving your objectives or can you just add content to your account and let it spread organically?
These are just a few things to consider before deploying your new business Instagram account.
Need help getting started on Instagram?
ClickFirst Marketing will be happy to assist you. Click the banner below to contact us and get more information about Instagram can be used as a powerful marketing and communication tool for your business.